Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Things I don't understand...

Hey everyone. So 2 things have puzzled me lately. Number 1, the banning of hugging in schools. What the hell is up with that? I was always taught that hugging was an appropriate way to greet friends and people you care about. Apparently now a lot of school principals and administrators see this gesture as leading to a more inappropriate behaviors i.e. kissing and sex. Granted in some cases hugging does lead to kissing and on occasion sex but this happening once in awhile doesn't seem to warrant the universal ban on hugging that is taking place at certain schools nationwide. I guess I might feel differently if I had a child at that age, but I would like to think that I would be ok with my kids hugging their friends. Number 2, rappers sampling kids songs. Earlier in the year it was do your ears hang low(does yo chain hang low) and now the wheels on the bus( the g-slide). Apparently Patrick, myself, Jon, Alex and Evan need to form some kind of a rap posse. We could use the rap names MC Phatrick, The Legend, JMJ, A-Train, and Fat Evan. Our hit single will be a remix of knick knack patty whack and will have the following chorus.

With a knick knack pimp slap, I gave my bitch the bone.
This young pimp drove his escalade home.

I have just written the chorus for a chart topping single. Ridiculous? You bet it is. Anyways I love and miss you all and you may be seeing me before you think;) Peace and much love.

-Jake

1 comment:

Jen said...

1) It is ridiculous that kids actually get suspended for hugging. What is the world coming to? I remember hearing in a health class once that people need something like 8 personal touches per day to be healthy. I think the government is attempting to raise a bunch of unhealthy human haters so they have more people to send to Iraq. Okay, maybe going a little far there. :)

2) I'm not sure I approve of those lyrics. Very wife-beater-ish, which is certainly in line with popular rap songs. Nevertheless, I think you can do better.